Commercial ADA Compliant Modular Wheelchair Ramps
Modular Wheelchair Ramp Basics
If you're like most people we talk to on a daily basis, you're either bidding a job which requires handicap access be added to a structure, or you've found yourself in a situation in which you need ramp access for yourself. In either case, we're confident we can help you meet whatever needs you may have. Here is some basic information on modular ramps:
- Ramps are made of light weight durable aluminum
- Standard ADA width is 36".
- Ramps can be up to 60 feet in length (long leg support option required.)
- Shortest ramp section is 4' - Longest ramp section is 8' (sections are bolted together.)
- To meet ADA compliance, a resting platform is required for every 30' of ramp (commercial)
- Ramp lengths are in whole numbers (i.e. 4', 5', 6', 7', 8')
- Legs are adjustable for changes in terrain.
- Extended end rails are available at ramp termination (required for ADA compliance.)
- There is a 2" curb lip on all ramp and platform sections (ADA mandatory.)
- Ramps can be designed in an almost endless number of layout configurations.
- Modular ramps can be used for residential applications as steep as 2:12 slope ratio.
- ADA compliance requires a 1:12 slope ratio and 36" width. (Check your local code)
- Modular ramps for a private residence do not usually require a permit. (Check your local code)